[Samba] Trust creation - ERROR: LOCAL_DC: CreateTrustedDomainEx2 - ERROR(0xC00000E0) - The specified domain already exists.

Emilian Mitocariu mitocariu.emilian at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:30:15 UTC 2021

Yes, I know about that problem. But it's an old domain and that's how it
was set up.
As this page
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Samba_Troubleshooting#I_can.27t_join_a_example.local_domain.
points out,
in /etc/nsswitch.conf on the "hosts:" line I don't have mdns4_minimal and
as I was saying in my first email, DCs from both domains are able to rezolv
each other's domain correctly.
Enabling debugging for the trust creation command has also confirmed the
domain is being resolved correctly and it is able to communicate with a DC
from the other domain.

Am I missing something else?