[Samba] Failed to prepare gensec: NT_STATUS_INVALID_SERVER_STATE

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Nov 16 14:40:07 UTC 2021

On Tue, 2021-11-16 at 15:23 +0100, basti via samba wrote:

> On 16.11.21 15:18, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> > On Tue, 2021-11-16 at 15:15 +0100, basti via samba wrote:
> > > Hello we have move a DC from one hardware to an other.
> >
> > How did you move the DC ?
> >
> > Rowland
> >

> Its done by one of my colleagues. I guess he use rsync or something
> like
> that.

Then he did it incorrectly, you should have joined a new DC, then
demoted the old one. Do you have the old DC ? If so, turn off the new
DC, restart the old one and start again. If you do not have the old DC,
then turn off the new DC, forcibly demote the old DC and join a new DC,
this is provided the old DC wasn't the only DC in the domain, if it
was, you are probably borked.

Rowland