[Samba] fileserver permissions: 0750 vs 0740

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Mon Nov 15 21:19:09 UTC 2021

With 0740 permissions on directories, group users won't be able to see
files in the directory. With regard to files, if users can't copy
executables to the shared directory (which they can't if w permission is
missing), I'm not sure this is a major concern, since they can run
appropriately permissioned system executables from any where.