[Samba] Installing software via GPO

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Mon Nov 15 18:18:09 UTC 2021

Microsoft changed some GPO-permission several years ago. All domain-PC
must be able to read the GPO, otherwise the GPO will never work.
Normally all GPOs assigned to "authenticate users", that includes the
domain-PCs, but as soon as you remove "authentcated users" from the
"securityfilter" the domin-pc can't read the GPO anymore, so you must go
to the "delegation"-Tab and add "domain PC" group with "read"-permission
to the list. see https://support.microsoft.com/kb/3163622 for more
information. But you normally get a warning message as soon as you
remove "authenticated users".

--
Stefan Kania
Landweg 13

Signieren jeder E-Mail hilft Spam zu reduzieren und schützt Ihre
Privatsphäre. Ein kostenfreies Zertifikat erhalten Sie unter
https://www.dgn.de/dgncert/index.html