[Samba] DNS update failed: NT_STATUS_INVALID_PARAMETER

Aaron C. de Bruyn aaron at heyaaron.com
Mon Nov 15 14:49:30 UTC 2021

Just to double-check, 'example-test.com' isn't actually a domain that ends
with '.local' is it?

'.local' is reserved for multicast DNS.  Microsoft recommended for years to
create domains with '.local' at the end and it causes problems with systems
that implement multicast DNS.

If it does end with '.local', you need to modify nsswitch.con so the
'hosts:' line either doesn't include mdns4_minimal line, or remove the
'[NOTFOUND=return]' chunk.

If your domain ends with something other than .local that's not the issue.

-A