[Samba] Groupmembership remains

Stefan Kania stefan at kania-online.de
Thu Nov 11 09:27:50 UTC 2021

Hi to all,

I have a strange problem: I put a user in a group, then listing the user
with "id user" on a Linux-client which is member of the domain. The
command is showing the groupmembership. Then I remove the
groupmembership. On the DC everything is fine, the user is no longer
member of the group, the memberOf attribute is also deleted from the
ldap-object. On the client the user is still member of the group when
looking with "id user". The groupmembership with "id user" stays until
the user is logging in to the client. Did I miss something, or is it as bug?

Stefan