[Samba] log.ham01.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16.16

Daniel Betschart dbet1 at gmx.net
Mon Nov 8 13:17:00 UTC 2021

Am Montag, dem 08.11.2021 um 08:47 +0100 schrieb L.P.H. van Belle via
samba:
> > > Well, now its pretty clear.
> > > Set a static ip on the server and its fix.
> > > Or configure the /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf file.
> > >
> > > My advice, set static ip.
> > Yes that solved the problem. I don't understand why Systemd
> > reloads the
> > SMBD service when renewing the DHCP lease, but at least these
> > weird log
> > files are no longer created.
> > I am a fan of the distribution of IP addresses via DHCP, even those
> > that never change, I am very reluctant to assign fixed IP addresses
> > in
> > a network configuration.
>
> If you a fan of DHCP, which is totaly fine, then you should look
> better into
> what DHCP affects.
>
> The reason of you smbd reloading is this one.
> /etc/dhcp/dhclient-enter-hooks.d/samba
>
> On every DHCP update, it call that file.
I saw this file and also thought that this could have been the cause. I
modified it so that a separate text is shown at the screen after the
reload, but I never saw it.
Anyway, you've helped me a lot. Thanks a lot for this!