[Samba] Samba DC: Unable to convert first SID / NT_STATUS_INVALID_SID

Gyrfalcon gyrfalcon at ebonfire.com
Sun Nov 7 15:35:44 UTC 2021

It turns out I missed the step of [synchronizing idmap.ldb][1] from the original DC to the new DC.  Once I did that, the errors have gone away and members now work correctly when communicating with the new DC.

That does raise a question, though.  I plan to decommission the old DC.  Once I do that, will the new DC be able to allocate new UID numbers in its own idmap.ldb?  I am not sure I understand why sid_to_xid was returning NT_STATUS_NONE_MAPPED instead of just allocating a new UID for computer accounts.

[1]: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory#Built-in_User_.26_Group_ID_Mappings