[Samba] Samba4 + FreeIPA

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Nov 5 13:49:18 UTC 2021

Just a short reply on this part.

> Currently, the Samba project is hurt by a lack of good documentation.
I dont fully agree here.. So its a .. Yes and No.

There is lots of good documentation, but a "simple" NT4Dom is totaly different
from an ADDOM, lots of things need to be taken account of and more basic knowledge
these days is (sadly) needed, but that with almost any software.

Older samba 3.x and NT4 is so different and in different i mean, more strict
to setup correctly.

> Samba 3 documentation was really good, but that effort wasn't
> repeated
> for v. 4 for some reason. There are no current books available,

Well, there is a very good book, but .. Can you read german?
https://www.kania-online.de/fachbuecher/samba-4/

Greetz,

Louis