[Samba] Multiple idmap servers for failover

Michael Starling mlstarling31 at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 4 17:16:50 UTC 2021

Hello.

I would like to specify multiple OpenLDAP server backends for the ldap_url option. Is this possible as I don't see any examples showing the format?

Current configuration.

 idmap config * : ldap_url = ldap://ldap1.test.com
        idmap config * : range = 20000-30000
        idmap config * : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=test,dc=com

Proposed. Is it space or comma delimited? Do I need to wrap the entire thing ins double quotes?

 idmap config * : ldap_url = ldap://ldap1.test.com  ldap://ldap2.test.com
        idmap config * : range = 20000-30000
        idmap config * : ldap_base_dn = ou=idmap,dc=test,dc=com

IDMAP OPTIONS

ldap_base_dn = DN

Defines the directory base suffix to use when searching for SID/uid/gid mapping entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will default to using the "ldap idmap suffix" option from smb.conf.

ldap_user_dn = DN

Defines the user DN to be used for authentication. If absent an anonymous bind will be performed.

ldap_url = ldap://server/

Specifies the LDAP server to use when searching for existing SID/uid/gid map entries. If not defined, idmap_ldap will assume that ldap://localhost/ should be used.

Mike