[Samba] Using samba-tool to join a linux file server to the domain doesn't appear to work

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Thu Nov 4 15:49:32 UTC 2021

Am 04.11.21 um 16:43 schrieb Patrick Goetz via samba:
> While you're looking at this, would it be possible to add code to add a
> PTR record as well as the A record?  This would match the behavior for
> Windows AD controllers.

The default on Windows does not create the PTR. Usually you have to set
up a GPO that the clients update their PTR.

I would also like this to happen automatically but by default the
reverse zone is not created in a Samba AD. I don't know about Windows
there but I doubt it done there.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen