[Samba] Samba Upgrade

Edward M. Kutrzyba III eddiek2000 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 01:16:24 UTC 2021

I currently run a small standalone network with REL7 running Samba4.12
in an AD DC setup.  The REL7 box is also the File Share server.  The
configuration has been working well for a while, but as previously
posted when I went to 4.12,I had issues since I need to run in FIPS
compliance mode.  In a test configuration I setup a REL8 box with Samba
4.14 again AD DC with file sharing.  It appears to work with the only
issue I've seen yet is on my windows test client, I needed to use the
servername to access the share.  The ip would prompt for a username and
password and never allow access.

So assuming all is well with my new setup, how do I bring in my old
configuration to the REL8 box?  I can do either offline with copies of
files or join the new REL8 to the old AD Domain and then decommission
the old 4.12 box.  Any insights or guides?