[Samba] Wide-Links For a specific Path

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Mon Nov 1 21:05:48 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 04:31:36PM -0400, ralph strebbing wrote:
>On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 12:07 PM Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:
>>
>> Don't enable SMB1 unix extensions. Are you on Linux ? If so,
>> why not use bind mounts:
>
>So I looked into it deeper, I don't think we are actually using unix
>extensions. If there is some way to verify that, I will post the
>results.

If you are using SMB2 and not SMB1 (the default) then you
are not using unix extensions.

>Some clients will be on linux, but most of this use case is for
>clients on Windows.

Clients are irrelevent. As Rowland said, what I'm asking is
what platform the Samba *server* is running on. If it's
Linux, then you can do what you want (make a different
area of a filesystem appear under a share) using bind
mounts.