[Samba] Password policy for user-managed passwords

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Mon Nov 1 17:04:45 UTC 2021

On Mon, Nov 1, 2021 at 1:02 PM Rowland Penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, 2021-11-01 at 12:54 -0400, Philippe LeCavalier wrote:
> > Thanks Rowland but that looks pretty painful to me. No idea where to
> > start to even begin editing an ACE. To be clear, I'm referring to the
> > 'user cannot change password' in the below dialogue in the MS GUI at
> > the time of user creation.
>
> That is what Windows does under the GUI, it changes an ACE to deny the
> user the permission to change their own password.
>
> > So I guess I'm headed towards loading RSAT on a workstation and
> > removing this:
>
> Probably.
>
> Rowland

Okay, thanks for taking the time as always Rowland, much appreciated.
That's what I thought you meant but wasn't sure. For now, I loaded RSAT and
removed the checkmark but for educational/informational purposes, can I ask
how I would go about that outside of RSAT?