[Samba] Wide-Links For a specific Path

ralph strebbing blackbirdralph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 13:31:56 UTC 2021

Hi All,

So I'm looking to try and get symlinks for our ZFS Backup share, which
would be accessed via a user's personal share.
E.g: User A's Share parent folder (/users/), has a shortcut to
Backups, which symlinks to the backup share
(/backup/users/.zfs/snapshots)

We DO have Unix extensions enabled, however we have the shell for all
users except IT staff set to /bin/false.

>From what I've read, we can enable Wide Links to achieve this, but due
to the security hole, I'm wondering if we can limit this functionality
to specific paths/shares? Or if there is just a better way to go about
this as a whole.

Thanks,
Ralph