[Samba] steady increase of objects reported by dbcheck in my test samdom

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon May 31 18:13:11 UTC 2021

Hi,

In my samdom test AD, I am observing a constant increase of objects
reported by dbcheck.

As an example: During the last hour, the number of objects has increased
from 2646 to 2660, in small steps. This test samdom is just three DCs
with no actual clients accessing or using it. One samba DC, one
win2008R2 DC and one win2012R2 DC.

samba-tool dbcheck [--cross-ncs] reports no errors, it replicates fine,
there are no offline DCs, etc. Nothing seems to be wrong, just the
number of objects increases.

I am curious what the added objects are: is there a way to find this out?

I'm looking for something like slapcat of the entire AD to an ldif, so I
can compare these LDIFs and identify the changes between them.

I know about tdbbackup, but it generates binary files, so these are
difficult to compare.

Ideas? And also on what could cause the number of objects to grow?

MJ