[Samba] I can't join my Linux client to my Samba DC.

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 07:21:27 UTC 2021

Hello,
I have a Samba DC as below:

# samba-tool domain info 192.168.56.7
Forest           : mydomain.z
Domain           : mydomain.z
Netbios domain   : MYDOMAIN
DC name          : mydc.mydomain.z
DC netbios name  : MYDC
Server site      : Default-First-Site-Name
Client site      : Default-First-Site-Name

And I want to join my Linux client to my Samba DC. The content of "smb.conf" file on my Linux client is:

[global]
   workgroup = MYDC
   security = ADS
   realm = MYDC.MYDOMAIN.Z

   winbind refresh tickets = Yes
   vfs objects = acl_xattr
   map acl inherit = Yes
   store dos attributes = Yes

   kerberos method = secrets and keytab
   winbind use default domain = yes

   idmap config * : backend = tdb
   idmap config * : range = 3000-7999
   idmap config MYDC : backend = rid
   idmap config MYDC : range = 10000-999999

# Template settings for login shell and home directory
   template shell = /bin/bash
   template homedir = /home/%U

When I tried to join my Linux client to my Samba DC, then I got below error:

# net ads join -U administrator
Enter administrator's password:
Failed to join domain: failed to find DC for domain MYDC - The object was not found.

Why? Which part of configuration is wrong?

Thank you.