[Samba] Samba on AIX with security = ads - does it actually work?

Ben Huntsman ben at huntsmans.net
Mon May 24 19:32:56 UTC 2021

>Problem is, from Samba 4.8.0 , with 'security = ADS', you must run winbind.

I am running winbind.  Happy to do so.  It just uses different config files and stuff than Linux.

>Until the AIX tools show the AD users & groups, you cannot use them on
>the AIX machine.

The "lsuser -R WIBIND ALL" command not returning any data is a known bug.  The equivalent lsgroup command works.

>Sorry, but I cannot help any further than this.

No worries.  Thank you so much for your time thus far!  Hoping someone else who has a working AIX setup will comment...

Thanks again everyone!

-Ben