[Samba] share creates core-dump

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu May 20 16:10:22 UTC 2021

On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 01:47:44PM +0200, Stefan Kania via samba wrote:
>Hi to all,
>I have a Proplem with a CTDB-Cluster with GlusterFS. Several times users
>cant access there profile. When I take a look at the directory, there is
>a core-file. As soon as I delete the core-files with:
>
> find /glusterfs -name core -type f -exec rm -rv {} \;
>
>everything is working again.
>I see the following messages in the log:

Can you get a full debug level 10 log backtrace please.

Also, adding:

panic action = "/bin/sleep 90000"

to the [global] section of your smb.conf will
cause the crashed processes to wait on sleep,
allowing you to attach to them with gdb and
get a full stack backtrace which will help
us find the problem (we should never crash :-).

You might want to log a bug at bugzilla.samba.org
so we can track this.

Thanks !

Jeremy.