[Samba] Some questions about sharing and permission.

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu May 20 12:31:02 UTC 2021

On 20/05/2021 13:09, Jason Long via samba wrote:
> Hi,
> Thank you.
> How about my below question?
>
> 1- In "Configuring User and Group-based Share Access" section, the "valid users" and "invalid users" options can be used instead of "setfacl" command?

Please follow this page:

Not the one that you are referring to.

> 2- If my Samba DC is on a server,

No, your DC is the server.

> but the directory that I wanted to share and set permissions to it is on another server, then on another server how can I read the users and groups that existed in the Samba DC?

I think you mean that you are using another server as a fileserver, if
so, then it depends. Is the 'server' another DC ? If it is, then you
shouldn't be using it as a fileserver. If the 'server' is a Unix domain
member, then read this:

and this:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Idmap_config_rid

Rowland