[Samba] slowness in samba4 AD

Marcos Ariel Negrini mnegrini at afip.gob.ar
Wed May 19 15:11:19 UTC 2021

Hello:
I have installed a Samba4 AD in version 4.13.07, I have a main
controller and two replicas. In general the performance is very
good(authentication for example), but I started to detect that sometimes
some administration operations(Rsat or Group Policy Management) become
very slow. For example opening a gpo from the Group Policy Management
interface takes more than a minute. I have been following the samba
logs, but I can't find any error. Could you guide me on what to look at
or configure to solve this?
As information every night I run a dbcheck in two ways (I am not sure if
one includes the other, just in case I leave both), "samba-tool dbcheck
--reindex --yes --fix" and "samba-tool dbcheck --yes --cross-ncs --fix".
Regards

Marcos Ariel Negrini
AFIP - División Seguridad de Activos
Dirección de Seguridad de la Información
Paseo Colon 635 PB - CP 1063 - CABA