[Samba] doc suggestion / question on adding native win 2012R2 DC

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Mon May 17 13:42:38 UTC 2021

Hi Rowland, list,

On 17/05/2021 14:58, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>>> root at dc2:~# samba-tool domain schemaupgrade
>>> Temporarily overriding 'dsdb:schema update allowed' setting
>>> ERROR: Failed to upgrade schema. Check if 'patch' is installed.
>

> That could be because the default schema is now 2012R2

I suddenly realised that the error is quite litural: patch is not
installed on the server! :-)

As the DCs are fully isolated now, I cannot easily install it. I will
install patch on my production DCs, isolate them again, and rerun
everything I have done so far.

I will try also to better keep and share the notes of everything done.

>> Feedback on the above dbcheck errors? Just fix them, or do they
>> indicate something bigger..?
>

> I would fix them. Then check again.
So, I did that. And now the dbcheck errors are gone, but now also: 5835
objects on samba_DC2 vs 5836 objects on samba_DC3. :-|

While ldapcmp reports NO differences between the two samba DCs.

That is interesting? I am used to seeing the same number of objects on
my DCs.

> I do not know, never tried it, but I think it should work, what are the
> errors you get ?
See here: https://pad.ceph.com/p/ldapcmp

There are around 33 users showing differences. (of the total of 600+)

> Did you make any notes ? If so, can I have a (sanitised) copy of them,
> then I can update the wiki page ?
I intend to do everything over, hopefully follow a straighter path this
time, document better, and then share with you.

MJ