[Samba] Change user password with LDAP

Hernan Jalabert benabhi at gmail.com
Sat May 15 01:31:02 UTC 2021

Hello everyone, i comment yo you  the situation in which I find myself. We
are recently trying to migrate from samba version 3 to version 4. At the
institution we have several applications that manage users. I have tried
without success to change a user's password using ldap, that is, without
going to samba-tool for this task. I read in several places that it might
be possible by editing the unicodePwd attribute, and that the password must
be in utf-16 in quotes. Before continuing trying, I just wanted to consult
you, is it possible to change the user's password by editing any LDAP/AD
property?

I am working with a library (driver) of a programming language called
elixir that so far has allowed me to edit the properties of a user without
problems. My idea is to develop an interface that mediates between the
developed applications and samba4.

Sry. for my english.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.