[Samba] cli_smb2_dskattr() returning with NT_STATUS_INVALID_NETWORK_RESPONSE with blob length 65535

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue May 11 15:52:48 UTC 2021

On 11/05/2021 13:49, Tompkins, Michael wrote:
> We are looking for a solution for 4.7.5 and 4.10.0, which we currently still support.

You might still be supporting those versions, but Samba no longer does.
You need to either backport the fix from 4.14.x yourself, or get your
distro to backport it. Samba supports a 4.x.x version for 18 months, the
first six months is fully supported, the next six months is bug fixes
and security, the last six months is security fixes only. The current
Samba supported versions are 4.12.x, 4.13.x and 4.14.x, all other
versions are supported by the distro's, but usually only if the distro
is still supported.

If you must continue to use your versions, you may be able to patch them
yourself, but it is unlikely that Samba will backport the fixes.

The ideal fix would be for you to upgrade to a supported version of
Samba that works for you.

Rowland