[Samba] problems upgrading samba to 4.12.15

Piviul piviul at riminilug.it
Tue May 11 06:39:00 UTC 2021

Il 06/05/21 14:17, Rowland penny via samba ha scritto:
> The problem is, even if you do file a bug on something that is
> possibly in 4.12.x , you are unlikely to get it fixed. This is because
> 4.12.x is in security fixes only mode. I suggest you upgrade to 4.13.x
> , or better still 4.14.x . If the bug is still there, (it may have
> been fixed) then it should get fixed.

I have upgraded to samba 4.14 using Louis's repos and %I is resolved
with correct ip of the client; in other word samba 4.14.4 is not
affected from this bug.

Thank you Rowland for addressing me to the right choice and thank you
Louis for the great work you are doing in compiling samba for all of us.

Have a great day

Piviul