[Samba] BIND9_FLATFILE & BIND9_DLZ

Dan Egli dan at newideatest.site
Thu May 6 23:57:39 UTC 2021

I've been playing with Samba on my test server in AD DC mode. I think
I've got most of it, but one thing I'm trying to figure out is the DNS
backend. I can't use SAMBA_INTERNAL, much as I'd like to, because I
don't have an alternate machine that samba can query when asked about
names not in the domain. I tried bind9_dlz once, and I remember I could
not get it working right. I'd be tempted to use _FLATFILE but I seem to
recall word that this option was scheduled for removal soon. So, what's
the best method for providing internet DNS and AD Name resolution on the
same machine?

--
Dan Egli