[Samba] Keytab MEMORY:cifs_srv_keytab is nonexistent or empty

Jeremy Monnet jmonnet at gmail.com
Thu May 6 12:14:00 UTC 2021

Le jeu. 6 mai 2021 à 12:43, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org>
a écrit :

> On 06/05/2021 11:26, Jeremy Monnet via samba wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We have just upgraded a RHEL 7 to RHEL 8 virtual machine with samba
> > providing CIFS shares. We already had a hard time setting up sssd to
> > authenticate against the AD 2012R2 (we followed
> > https://access.redhat.com/solutions/5728591 )
>

> That link is behind a 'paywall' (or similar), but you mention 'samba',
> shares' and 'sssd' in the same sentence, are you aware that you can no
> longer use sssd with Samba and shares ?

 No, I didn't see that part ?! I hope I can still authenticate user against
an AD using sssd, and have samba autonomous to provide Shares  ? I couldn't
find any article or information on that subject ?

security = user is set automatically by realm when joining the domain.
Which made me think it was set to work :-)

Thanks,

Jeremy