[Samba] What is wrong in my Samba setup?

Jason Long hack3rcon at yahoo.com
Sun May 2 12:34:38 UTC 2021

Hello,
Excuse me, can you explain it more?
If my server didn't have any internet connection, then a domain like "microsoft.com" is acceptable?

On Saturday, May 1, 2021, 07:39:59 PM GMT+4:30, Jason Long via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

Yes :(
Thus, I can have a domain name without any prefix like "jason" OK?
When I must use a prefix like "mypc.DOMAINNMAE.com"?

On Saturday, May 1, 2021, 07:27:57 PM GMT+4:30, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

On 01/05/2021 15:50, Jason Long wrote:
> Thanks.
> Thus, if I want to have a domain with the name "microsoft.com", then I must use "jason.microsoft.com", because "microsoft.com" is already registered. OK?

You haven't quite grasped the context, have you ?

You cannot use any registered dns domain that you do not own and unless
you are really Bill Gates, you do not own 'microsoft.com'.

Rowland