[Samba] dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable

Elias Pereira empbilly at gmail.com
Sat May 1 12:42:30 UTC 2021

Ok. Thanks for the clarification, Rowland!

The article below reports that ISC is asking people to update
their bind9 packages to fix vulnerabilities. The article also informs
which versions will receive the update (BIND 9.11.31, 9.16.15, and
9.17.12 all contain patches and the appropriate update should be
applied. ).
https://www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/microsofts-latest-windows-10-20h2-previews-bring-a-big-pile-of-fixes/

The wiki, specifically in the link below, shows that the latest version that
samba supports is 9.11. I believe that this page is not up to date.
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/BIND9_DLZ_DNS_Back_End#Configuring_the_BIND9_DLZ_Module

What is the latest bind version that samba supports?

On Sat, May 1, 2021 at 5:36 AM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 30/04/2021 20:46, Elias Pereira via samba wrote:
> > hello,
> >
> > Is this "dns_tkey_negotiategss: TKEY is unacceptable" problem linked to
> > what the link below reports?
> >

> https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Using_BIND_DLZ_backend_with_secured_/_signed_DNS_updates#Introduction
> >

> No, it never was, most of that page is outdated. Debian based distro's
> were never built with the 'disable-isc-spnego' flag and I do not know if
> the red-hat based distro's are still built with the 'disable-isc-spnego'
> flag. You should be able to check with 'named -V', this will show how
> your bind9 was built.
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Elias Pereira