[Samba] DNS Forwarder again

Luke Barone lukebarone at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 21:03:25 UTC 2021

In your `/etc/resolv.conf` file working with AD, you want only your DCs
listed. If you have multiple DCs (i.e. dc1 and dc2), you want the other one
listed first, then itself. For example:

DC1 = 10.1.0.1 / DC2 = 10.1.0.2

root at dc1: cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 10.1.0.2
nameserver 10.1.0.1

root at dc2: cat /etc/resolv.conf
nameserver 10.1.0.1
nameserver 10.1.0.2

If your DC name servers can't resolve the name, then *they* should be the
ones to forward the request on.