[Samba] Failed to prepare gensec: NT_STATUS_INVALID_SERVER_STATE

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Mar 31 11:22:43 UTC 2021

Run this one :
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/thctlo/samba4/master/samba-check-set-sysvol.sh

And post the output, looking at our output below, 3000006 and 3000010 should not be there,  in these outputs.
So run this on both DC's and compair the output files.
You might have forgotten to sync the idmap.tdb on the DC's.
See: https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Joining_a_Samba_DC_to_an_Existing_Active_Directory
Quote : To use a Sysvol Replication workaround, all domain controllers (DC) must use the same ID mappings for built-in users and groups.
these should always be the same on all AD-DC's.
And the 300000 range is correct for the AD-DC's..

You might want to read Debian bug , maybe it applies, i dont know, i've not seen it in my network.

This may be related to Debian bug:

It is almost surely related to Ubuntu bug number # 1900856:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cifs-utils/+bug/1900856
(last 2 additions are from the bug report #986168)

See if this applied to you, not on the cifs part
but on the kerberos cache part

+ what Rowland said. ;-) good i checked the list before i mailed this.

Greetz,

Louis