[Samba] Debugging a performance issue

Stefan G. Weichinger lists at xunil.at
Tue Mar 30 08:04:35 UTC 2021

Am 29.03.21 um 19:38 schrieb Jeremy Allison:

>> But I don't think it should be minutes versus seconds, right?
>
> Need more details I'm afraid. "specific tasks...that take a few minutes"
> isn't enough to go on, sorry.

Yes, I understand!

I also don't know much about what they do. Basically they have several
filebased databases opened, files like

BL6F.DAT
BL6F.IX (index, I assume)

and some .DIA files

That's small files, one whole subdir is maybe 20M per customer.

And the tasks are some processing in their software, which will result
in much read/write in all the above files.

My assumption is that the locking behavior might influence the overall
time needed here. That's why I excluded the DAT files via "veto oplock
files", but that was years ago.

What's the general recommendation here, especially with Windows10 clients?