[Samba] still no access to shared folder

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Mar 29 12:02:01 UTC 2021

On 29/03/2021 12:49, Maurizio Caloro wrote:
>> Not being an expert on zfsacl (for that, read that I could never get it to
> work), but is this a share on freebsd, or is it ZOL ?
>
> The share running on Debian Boster 10.8 - smbd 4.9.5 - Clients running
> Windows 10.

Again, not a ZFS expert, but it is my understanding that ZOL uses
standard ACL's. vfs_zfsacl is meant for ZFS on freebsd (as far as I
understand it).

>> Do you have sssd installed ? If so, then remove it, you cannot use sssd
> with Samba >= 4.8.0 and shares.
>
> yes

Then you need to remove sssd and ensure you are using winbind instead,
you cannot use sssd with Samba >= 4.8.0 and shares.

>> The group 'caragfileshare' does not seem to have write permission on
> 'GroupData01'
>
> Add this and running chmod -R 'GroupData01'
> 	path = /shares/GroupData01
> 	writable = yes
> 	read only = no
> 	valid users = @caragfileshare
> 	write list = @caragfileshare
> 	vfs objects = acl_xattr
> 	create mode = 0660
> 	directory mode = 0770
>
> I was thinking if add "valid users" und "write list" so the group has enough
> rights.

You cannot give greater permissions in smb.conf than the folder/file
permissions allow.

Rowland