[Samba] compile samba 4.14.2 failed on centos 8.3

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 09:38:56 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 25, 2021 at 3:48 PM Vincent S. Cojot via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi Adam,
>
> Do you have a strong requirement of building from source? If not, then
> perhaps you could leverage the various rpm build chains available. It
> would provide cleaner integration on a CentOS or RHEL system.
> E.g:
> https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo

Yo! Thank you for the reference. I was hoping to publish some updates
this weekend. Unfortunately, I seem unable to port 4.14 back to RHEL
7, there's a compilation failure I've not chased down. And CentOS 8
"Stream" has reverted to emulating the RHEL foolishness in not
publishing "quota-devel" in the primary software channels, even though
it's built form the same SRPM for quota at compilation time and is
apparently used for building other RHEL 8 software. CentOs 8.3 had it
in the "Devel" channel, but there is nothing *in* the Devel channel
for CentOS 8 Stream.

I'm pretty miffed about various RHEL 8 and CentOS 8 chicanery, and
have discarded a lot of my support for Red Hat in response.