[Samba] Samba Compiled From Source, Where Are The SystemD Unit Files?

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Wed Mar 24 08:15:24 UTC 2021

Hai,

just saying, Profiling is enabled in my packages since 4.13.x  ;-)
At least if you needed this option to be enabled, it is..
   --with-profiling-data

And yes, im sadly to say, it was taking to much time to keep building
The raspbian packages, but if you add my sources, you can recompile
them pretty easy on raspbian. Pick the buster packages for that.
do keep in mind you need other packages to build first before you can build
samba.

I build in this order. that makes sure all build depends are there.

01-talloc
02-tevent
03-tdb
04-cmocka
05-ldb
06-nss-wrapper
07-resolv-wrapper
08-uid-wrapper
09-socket-wrapper
10-pam-wrapper
11-samba

echo "deb http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/ buster-samba413 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list
echo "deb-src http://apt.van-belle.nl/debian/ buster-samba413 main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

# Optional, if there are newer packages that are in debian SID
echo "deb-src http://deb.debian.org/debian sid main contrib non-free" | sudo tee -a /etc/apt/sources.list.d/van-belle.list

sudo apt-get -qq update

if [ ! -d 01-talloc ]
then
    mkdir 01-talloc 02-tevent 03-tdb 04-cmocka 05-ldb \
    06-nss-wrapper 07-resolv-wrapper 08-uid-wrapper 09-socket-wrapper \
    10-pam-wrapper 11-samba
fi
cd 01-talloc/
apt-get source talloc
cd ..
cd 02-tevent/
apt-get source tevent
cd ..
cd 03-tdb/
apt-get source tdb
cd ..
cd 04-cmocka/
apt-get source cmocka
cd ..
cd 05-ldb/
apt-get source ldb
cd ..
cd 06-nss-wrapper/
apt-get source nss-wrapper
cd ..
cd 07-resolv-wrapper/
apt-get source resolv-wrapper
cd ..
cd 08-uid-wrapper/
apt-get source uid-wrapper
cd ..
cd 09-socket-wrapper/
apt-get source socket-wrapper
cd ..
cd 10-pam-wrapper/
apt-get source pam-wrapper
cd ..
cd 11-samba/
apt-get source samba

cd $(ls -ltr|grep "samba" |tail -n1 |awk '{ print $NF }')
grep ^VERSION lib/{talloc,tdb,tevent,ldb}/wscript
cat   buildtools/wafsamba/samba_third_party.py |\
 grep minversion | awk -F"(" '{ print $2 }'

And you see all needed minimal version you must build

Greetz,

Louis