[Samba] Samba Compiled From Source, Where Are The SystemD Unit Files?

Dachshund Digital dachshund-digital at dc.rr.com
Tue Mar 23 18:19:58 UTC 2021

And take all the fun out of it... cough.  Per the site you listed, ARMHF
is only up to 4.11.  But seems to reference 4.12 and 4.13 for ARM HF.

"This server contains packages for Samba on Debian
<http://www.debian.org/> Jessie (8) and Debian <http://www.debian.org/>
Stretch (9) amd64/i386 and Buster (10) amd64/i386 (samba 4.11 only,
armhf) and Ubuntu <http://www.ubuntu.com/> Bionic Beaver (18.04)
amd64/i386."

"Raspbian Buster: (armhf/sources)
Per 12-Nov 2019 in raspbian-buster-samba411 repo. armhf only, Only
Security update untill 4.14. is release.
Samba 4.11
<https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Release_Planning_for_Samba_4.11> is
repo name : raspbian-buster-samba411, current package list : klik here
<https://apt.van-belle.nl/current-packages-in-raspbian-buster-samba411-apt.txt>
Security releases only
Due to the time involved building Raspian packages, switch to Buster 412
or 4.13 and its armhf packages, these work fine on Raspbian."

But I still need profiling, so may end up compiling anyway.  :)

-DD