[Samba] Monitor Samba read/write throughput statistics?

Dachshund Digital dachshund-digital at dc.rr.com
Sun Mar 21 06:10:10 UTC 2021

I find 100s of references to 'tuning' samba based servers, and the
like.  But what I need is actual throughput statistics as an on-going
measurement.  Thus stress tools are not applicable, nor is forced IO,
need to 'watch' the Samba performance over time. Was surprised that
smbstatus does not do this?  Would seem logical for it or similar tool
to do so?  There are various methods to watch just basic network
interface send/receive throughput, as an example so, surely there is
some way to do this for Samba.  I did find a few commercial solutions,
but no free methods?  CLI method would be nice, since I want to forward
statistics into Node Red.

-DD