[Samba] WG: Heads-up: Security Releases ahead!

Klaus Ade Johnstad klaus at linuxavdelingen.no
Wed Mar 17 16:18:47 UTC 2021

On 17.03.2021 16:34, Joachim Lindenberg via samba wrote:
> Hai Louis,
> I guess it will be at least tough to release source code and packages at the same time in an open source project, but are you taking a day off to make this happen? 😉
> Hello Karolin,
> does this kind of announcement really make sense as essentially it kind of implies to take DCs down until one rebuilt samba from source or Louis and other repo maintainers are able to catch up?
> I am sure a hacker will spare some time to leverage that window of opportunity.
> Afaik, best practice is to publish information about vulnerabilities after the software has been released.
> Thanks & Best Regards,
> Joachim

I take this opportunity, to remind all of us, who are very fortunate
that we have Louis and his repository with deb-package, that he has a
hint on his website how we can show him our appreciation :-)

Go to https://apt.van-belle.nl/ and search for "small donations".

We don't want his server to stop working next week ....

--
Klaus Ade Johnstad
67E61D18B2C44F8A3DA35C6D849F9F5F 26FA477D