[Samba] Sysvol issues after DC migration

Oleg Blyahher oleg.blyahher at bluetest.se
Mon Mar 15 19:30:55 UTC 2021

Ok, thanks Rowland. I've made it a further now, and the script runs to
the point it tells me the following:

Set your sysvol SHARE permissions as followed. EVERYONE: READ
Authenticated Users: FULL CONTROL (BUILTIN or NTDOM)\Administrators:
FULL CONTROL (BUILTIN or NTDOM)\SYSTEM, FULL CONTROL User/Group system
is added compaired to a win2008R2 sysvol, you need this for some GPO
settings. Set your sysvol FOLDER permissions as followed. Authenticated
Users: Read & Exec, Show folder content, Read (BUILTIN or
NTDOM)\Administrators: FULL CONTROL (BUILTIN or NTDOM)\SYSTEM, FULL CONTROL

I've opened up Computer Management as the domain admin, but I can't do
any changes in the permissions. It keeps telling me "Access is denied"
whenever I try to modify the share or security permissions. Right now
"Everyone" have full access in the share permissions. I can't even see
the owners there.

Any point in modifying the sysvol folder with setfacl? Where should I
look next?

Oleg