[Samba] List of users seems truncated or incomplete in file server member of an Active Directory Domain

David PAUGAM David.Paugam at genavir.fr
Mon Mar 15 15:12:16 UTC 2021

Hello all, Rowland,

thank you again for your help.

It's now resolved.

The cause was the difference between the ID range in Active Directory,
which was high for the last accounts, and the range of the rid backend.

Rid backend was set up to deliver RID numbers from 10 000 to 999 999

And in Active Directory, the RID range is up to 3 200 000 . I don't know
why it's so high, as I'm not the AD Admin.

So, I changed the smb.conf to

   idmap config MYDOM : backend = rid
   idmap config MYDOM : range = 10000-99999999

And all the accounts are now available!

Is there any risk of that high numbers?

Thanks again, I'm so happy it's solved :-)

David