[Samba] Repo Packages updated..

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Mar 11 08:57:20 UTC 2021

Good morning people around the world.

Time is coming to my hand again, so a small update.

I have updated the debian Buster packages.
An overview of the current packages, latest online are now :

Debian Jessie - Alle are EOL. ( latest is 4.8.x )
Debian Stretch - Alle are EOL. ( latest is 4.10.x )
Debian Buster - Current stable  ( latest is 4.14.0 )
For buster, 4.11.x, if one security fix comes ill update it. ( EOL )
For buster, 4.12.x, Only security fixs
For buster, 4.13.x, Normal maintained.
For buster, 4.14.x, Normal maintained, latest stable.

Raspbian Buster, 4.11.x if one security fix comes ill update it.
but that will be the latest update.
The Buster packages are compliant with rasbian Buster, you can use these

Ubuntu Bionic 18.04, 4.11.x if one security fix comes ill update it. (EOL)
Ubuntu Focal  20.04, no 4.11.x from my side, its the OS default samba.
For Focal, 4.12.x  Only security fixs
For Focal, 4.13.x, Normal maintained.
For Focal, 4.14.x, Normal maintained, latest stable.
(4.14.x next one to build, will be soon)

Debian Bullseye samba is at 4.13.x, that will be the version ill be starting with on bullseye its release and up.

A small update from my side and im hope to be more active on the list soon soon now.

Stay safe, untill next time.

Greetings,

Louis