[Samba] Intermittent problems with roaming profiles

Anders Östling anders.ostling at gmail.com
Wed Mar 10 19:24:50 UTC 2021

Hi all
Not sure if this is samba related at all, but I have an issue with roaming profiles, specifically for a client that uses two computers, a laptop and a workstation, running on the same account in a domain with a Samba 4.11-6.  Clients computers are both Windows 10, fully updated.

He get the dreaded 1521, Unable to access profile during logon a couple of times per week. Sometimes logging off works, sometimes a full restart is required. I have read uncountable postings regarding profile problems, and some posts talks about pending oplocks, files not closed properly on the server. Most of these post probably talks about Windows file servers, not Samba. Is anyone aware of similar issues on Samba?

I doubt that permissions is involved since that should be consistent. Anyway, the permissions on the profile folder is this

administrator at hp-srv03:~$ sudo getfacl /share2/profiles
[sudo] password for administrator:
# file: share2/profiles
# owner: administrator
# group: root
user::rwx
user:administrator:rwx
group::---
group:root:---
group:domain\040admins:rwx
group:NT\040Authority\\system:rwx
group:domain\040users:rwx
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:administrator:rwx
default:group::---
default:group:root:---
default:group:domain\040admins:rwx
default:group:NT\040Authority\\system:rwx
default:mask::rwx
default:other::---

Anders Östling

Dämmegatan 11