[Samba] Revit worksharing error

Perttu Aaltonen perttu.aaltonen at mac.com
Tue Mar 9 10:20:31 UTC 2021

Hi Jon,

No other changes other than ugprading Ubuntu and Samba, smb.conf stayd the same.

I’m almost certain that if I contact Autodesk support they will say that Samba is untested and unsupported and they recommend using Windows Server. My hunch is that it’s some small compatibility difference that causes the problem. For example Revit expecting Windows ACLs but POSIX ACLs being in use right now, or some sort of locking issue. I’ll post an update if I find out more details.

-Perttu