[Samba] SELinux Issue: unix_dgram_socket

Robert Buck robert.buck at som.com
Mon Mar 8 22:07:17 UTC 2021

The only unusual activity on the host that we see is that for some reason
the Red Hat network manager was going into a crash loop that this repeated
itself again and again for hours.

And the second thing that we notice is logstash was also going into a crash
loop and creating lots of io activity.

As a result of these syslog was being swamped with messages.

Bob

On Mon, Mar 8, 2021 at 4:22 PM Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Mar 08, 2021 at 04:15:51PM -0500, Robert Buck via samba wrote:
> >Ok, thanks. But does this make sense given that we’ve been testing
> >successfully  for more than eight months and development and staging? With
> >selinux enabled.
> >
> >Thoughts?
>
> I don't know how SELinux decides what to restrict.
> Did something change recently (update or something) ?
>
> The Samba daemons certainly need access to that
> directory to send messages.
>
> --

BOB BUCK
SENIOR PLATFORM SOFTWARE ENGINEER