[Samba] Domain member cannot authenticate when first domain controller is down

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Mar 5 19:24:48 UTC 2021

On 05/03/2021 17:04, Dale via samba wrote:
> Here you go, Louis.  I noticed a few differences from yours, but it
> should be very close to the Samba wiki, from which it is derived.
>
> Thanks for the help.

You don't actually need these, they are default settings:

     allow-query-cache { "internals"; };
     recursion yes;

I would remove this, I have never used it and it seems to have something
to do with master to slave setups. All Samba DC dns servers are masters,
there are no slaves.

     masterfile-format text;

I would add these:

     dnssec-enable no;