[Samba] Upgrade samba 4.7.7

Joachim Lindenberg samba at lindenberg.one
Fri Mar 5 19:07:59 UTC 2021

Hi Carlos,
I had a much smaller version delta and did not succeed with an in-place upgrade. I´d recommend to set up one or more new DCs, join them, and then demote the old ones. This gives you the chance to get the new DCs working before getting rid of the last old one.
Virtualization is obviously your friend...
Best Regards,
Joachim