[Samba] Windows 10 cannot connect without SMB1

K. R. Foley kr at cybsft.com
Mon Mar 1 15:28:33 UTC 2021

On 3/1/21 9:17 AM, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Try this.
>
> disconnect all network drives from W10.
>
> open dos box
> net use L:  \\server.FQDN\share /user:username at REALM.TLD
>
> did that work?

No. I get

"System error 384 has  occurred."

"You can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. This share
requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is unsafe and could expose
your system to attack.

Your system requires SMB2 or higher. For more info on resolving this
issue, see: https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=852747"

This is the same error I get when I try to join the domain.