[Samba] Time outs and high cpu usage after upgrading to 4.12.11

cn at brain-biotech.de cn at brain-biotech.de
Mon Mar 1 08:44:12 UTC 2021

Hello all,
as we upgraded all our DCs to 4.13 before I could gather all the data
for a bug report, here is what we have seen.

-- We are using the Sernet Packages
-- 4.12 on Centos 7 did not show this behaviour
-- The problem did not show after a reboot. It took 6-7 days running and
the CPU load started to increase then. I saw some time outs on slower
VMs. There I increased the vCPU number to 8 and I could prolong the time
until there was a noticeable impact (Login by ssh took very long).
-- After a restart of the service everything went back to normal for 6-7
days). Then again CPU load increased continuously.
-- Disabling audit logging also prolonged the time until we saw any
impact. But that probably just reduced the load.
-- I suspected it has something todo with gnu-tls but could never prove it.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

B.R.A.I.N Aktiengesellschaft
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen