[Samba] Azure AD Connect but domain functional level 2012_R2 not yet supported?

mj lists at merit.unu.edu
Tue Jun 29 09:09:10 UTC 2021

Hi Ralph,

You are using the Azure AD Connect. It has it's advantages too, and
probably (from what I hear) will stay around, but the page on the samba
wiki is on the new "azure cloud sync" tool that has quite some
advantages over the "old" tool. (easy HA, for example)

Interesting observation that your password hashes DO sync. For me it
worked too with a new test domain, and not our production domain, which
started MANY years ago, and was upgraded from samba 3.1/openldap to
4.1/AD, and is now on 4.13.

Anyway, thanks for posting your findings.

MJ