[Samba] Strange DNS issue...

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Tue Jun 15 13:50:28 UTC 2021

Then i really recommend you read this :
https://web.mit.edu/kerberos/krb5-latest/doc/admin/princ_dns.html

Especialy the part : Service principal canonicalization

My advice is to have for your server and system runing services you use in the network.
Servers A/AAAA and PTR
Workstations, A/AAAA

Sure you can do without, untill you hit problems.

But, again, its not obligated.. Just.. I use it since 2016 ( since start of my AD-DC )

If i have problems, then its often a typo i made.. :-/

I would re-check all the servers its resolving setups in your case,
at least thats first i would do.

Greetz,

Louis